Saturday, June 13, 2009

Getting the car, and retreiving the map

Ok. So we get off the plane, go to the bathroom, get our breakfast at dunkin’ donuts, and get on the shuttle to the car rental building. Once we get there our driver (Jose) helps us get our luggage out of the shuttle and into the building. After we tip Jose we go inside and sit down while dad goes to the counter to get our car. After a while we go outside to find a 2009 Blue Dodge Caravan waiting for us. So we load up and are just about ready to go in less than 1 minute when this lady comes up to the side of the van and says, “Excuse me, but I think this is OUR car. See on this little slip of paper the rental agency gave us it has the license plate number of this car.” Then dad says, “Maybe, but the agent called us out here and said this was our car.” (Dad and the Lady went off to dispute it with the Agent.) We got the car.

            So we’ve situated ourselves in the car and are headed down the highway at something around 70 MPH, when I hear dad say, “…Kenneth has a map in his suitcase that has everything marked up on it.” (Now, a Dodge Caravan has those “stow-and-go” seats. And when we were loading up the suitcases in the BACK of the Van, Abigail started arguing with me over who’s bag went in first, well I ended up putting my bag in first and that means that my suitcase is on the bottom in the back of the van moving down the highway at 70 MPH…. – I bet you can guess what dad said next…) Yep! Your RIGHT! He said, “Kenneth go get the map.” So I had to get up and go to the back of the van, fold down half of the back seat and pull up my suitcase. Yeah. Fun. J really it was. (Abigail was freaking out the whole time…) LOL and can you guess where in my suitcase this map was? That’s Right. The VERY bottom. It was the first thing that I put into my suitcase. J

No comments:

Post a Comment